Sunday 15 August 2010

Welcome to the blog!

Smashed Collar Bone.

A bizarre and perhaps even nonsensical title? Or a term that inspires dismay and despair and serves as a useful metaphor for luck's most inspired bad turns? Perhaps even a phrase that brings a big grin to your face at your good fortune?

That all depends on whether you've ever played Blood Bowl!

Throughout the life of this blog (I.E. however long I remember it exists) I'll be posting up a weird mix of general observations of life in the UK, current events (with my opinions) and Blood Bowl experiences (both amusing and soul-crushing).

"But wait a minute", you might be thinking, "What's this 'Blood Bowl' that this talented and incredibly handsome bloke keeps going on about? Can I eat out of it?"

That's probably for a later post. Let's just say that it's a darkly humourous strategy game set in a universe where knee-high Goblins with dangerously out of control chainsaws brawl with 8 foot tall hulking great evil doom-knights. Who have mutated tentacles. Oh, and all this happens on a sports pitch, in front of a crowd even more aggressive than the players!

Yes, it's an unusual game. Let's hope it breathes that same spirit into the blog!

3 comments:

  1. You say "blood bowl" I think "Arena"

    All paths lead to Oblivion.

    ( Which is much less philosophical than it sounds. )

    For fun: I just wiped out for the first time on my bike, in front of the only blokes that work in my ENTIRE office building, who already think I'm a freak, because I was on the wrong side of the road and he almost ran me over ( because I was on the wrong side of the road. Did I mention that? ).

    I didn't break my collar bone, though, so yay?

    Also: YAY! BLOG! I will check regularly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, of course, that reminds me that I was going to reinstall Oblivion and fireball some bears to death!

    Also, ouch. You didn't break anything else either I hope? :\

    Glad to see I have one regular reader now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the comments weren't working for me earlier.

    I broke my pride. That's about it. Zer was kind enough to kiss my knees better and the bruises are nearly gone now :)

    ReplyDelete